good systems?

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:22:29 -0500

Argh argh, never blame the kernel...

I've been having endless troubles with the new box that I've got FreeLists
running on.  I think that cpu fan episode
(http://www.freelists.org/archives/linux-discussion/04-2001/msg00035.html)
that it shouldn't have, as I've been getting oopses and crashes ever since
(haven't had time to do any rigorous testing).

Anyway, I think I'm going to just buy a new box for it.  Anyone have any
suggestions on good places to buy?  I have to keep it under $1,000, and
I've already got disks/ram (if that tests ok).  Barebones is probably
ideal, but I need something with some gauranteed quality.  With all the
recent VIA troubles, I'm a little wary of buying Athlon, but that's how I
want to go if possible.

Hey Neil, how 'bout some VA sponsorship, eh?  I think we're good for the
free software community and whatnot... =)

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!