Re: bah! (more Dell vs. VA)

  • From: Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:55:40 -0700

* John Madden (weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [08-04-00 22:47] did utter:
> I don't know where the notion that VA systems are more expensive than the
> industry standard came from, but I'd just like to pass this on...

> I imagine the setup would be at least competent, which is a lot more than
> I can say for the Dells.  Add an actual user's guide, which has gotta be
> better than Dell's "this is what this light means" 50-pages-of-BS.

The User's Guide for that is published on the web site, BTW, in PDF format.

> Dell oughta just pack it in and go back to selling Windoze.
> And Neil, I'm seriously not trying to kiss ass here, either.  =)

Whew, I was starting to wonder how many t-shirts this testimonial was
going to end up costing me. ;)   Very cool comparison actually; interesting
to see how other people view VA in contrast to someone like Dell in the
context of Linux boxen sales costs.  I really wish we had some kind of
educational sales program. ...maybe in the future.

       . /._ o /     --personal="caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
      /|//- / /     --business="caine@xxxxxxxxxxx"
     / ''- / /__   --homepage="";