Your friendly neighborhood warez dudez.

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:02:54 -0500

  Sometimes the mail I get is interesting to say the least.  Last week I got
this one on papa, I didn't think much of it at the time:

-------------
From: "---- ----" <____@_________>
Subject: Question about your FTP server.

Hey Bro.

I seen your server ftp://papa.indstate.edu and I have to say I was impressed.

Well, my question is kind of weird, but you might think of it.
I can't offer any new or old winsock programs but I can offer you a tons of
other full programs including pc apps, pc games and co
nsole games and maybe even movies.

All I want to ask if it was possible (if you want) to use your ftp site as our
"dump" for all the latest releases in games, apps a
nd console games??  Your site is really fast and I was wondering if we could
use it.

PLEASE think about it.  You will get all the latest stuff :)
If you are interested please respond.

Sincerely,

LV44
-------------

  I suppose I thought they were wanting a site to store legitimate shareware
or freeware programs for windows, just like the winsock stuff.  I suppose the
"console games" and the like should have clued me in, but I wasn't really
paying attention.  Anyway, yesterday I get this one:

-------------
From: "MrDanger 666" <____________@___________>
Subject: Hello About your Winsock requests

HI Man,

I am sure you got an email from LordVegeta44 ... about him asking for access
to your server set up accounts for himself , and 2 of his friends.

Well I am one of his friends. And I spoke to the other cat. Let me explain
more than maybe he did. We are in the need of a fast realible server to dump
stuff too and then the 3 of us ONLY no more , nor will I ask for more
accounts , to FXP in and out all of the newest stuff.

This can and will include the winsock appz that you asked for ... while
Vegeta told you he couldnt do that I know EURO can , he would be the primary
dumper. He told me for you to make a request and we will do all we can to
fill it RIGHT AWAY. The newest stuff would be easiest.

Let me explain a little about LV , EURO , and myself. We are 3 very
professional cats in this game , very proud and serious about our work , and
not some younger fool or leechers ect. We make pubstros all of the time ,
and run a very family like (as in professional and honest) group. We are
small for a reason. It allows us to control the environment and the people
in it. Therefor I take a great deal of pride being able to say I am most
likely one of the most honest people you will meet.

I bullshit no one. I am very reachable and accessable. I am willing to
assist and do all I can to make it work for us both. I know this not a 1 way
street. So if you could please make a request , and consider my offer (I
know I come to you ... and I understand you might not be looking for this
type of offer but I hope we can change your mind) I would greatly appreicate
it.

A brief outline what you would see and get. Plus our requirements.
ALL of the NEWEST stuff almost always 0 SEC or 0 DAY for sure. ISO GAMES and
APPZ. MP3s , CONSOLES (DVDRIP and DVD) , and some occasional MOVIES and
stuff like that. If you ever have a request come to me , we will fill it ...
no problems.

NO viruses and none of that rubish and we would keep this between us 3 well
4 including you of course.

What we would LIKE as much space as possible (the more the better so we dont
have to refresh content daily , but it can be done.) FXP IN and OUT since
this all would be from TOPSITES and deletion rights to our part of your
server. I would kindly request that we be hidden if at all possible. This is
to ensure you dont see a lot of unwanted activity.

Also we would need 3 accounts or a leech account with @ least 2 logins each
if at all possible.

Again I totally promise to make this not something you will regret , so
please do consider it. I am the head of our group BTW and I can give you a
referance or 2 to confirm the way I operate from one of my our sysops that
let us use there resources for a private dump.

Thank You very much for your time.
MrDanger666

  How refreshingly professional.  Anyone want to hook these guys up?  They
just need a little bandwidth. ;-)

                                                                - Steve