Re: VA rocks

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 22:07:21 -0500

On Tue, 02 May 2000, you wrote:
> * John Madden (weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [05-02-00 18:15] did utter:
> >
> > I didn't know VA wrote any software (other than the obvious web stuff),
>
> We do! :)  We do _lots_; VACM, Enlightenment, Eterm, all sorts of kernel
> work, Sean Perry and Joey Hess of the Debian team are here, Ted "Ext2
> filesystem author" T'so is here, Mark Vojkovich is a huge XFree86 developer,
> Leonard Zubkoff (the Mylex RAID driver developer) is our CTO, Jeremy Allison
> does all his Samba work here, Ben Woodard did the Linux Hewlett-Packard
> drivers and started Bastille Linux here, we practically fix more bugs in
> RedHat than RedHat...the list goes on and on.  VA is all about doing GPLed
> software development.  Good to hear that System Imager is well-recieved!
> Let me know if you guys ever compare it to PCRdist Troy, I'd be interested
> to hear any comparisons.

Huh, I hadn't even considered those (and I was thinking of things that VA
"owns/originated").  I think the SCC needs a Linux lab... Troy?  Troy!!  The
annual redistribution of PC's is coming up- that leaves quite a few machines to
start it off with.  And you've got plenty of help... =)

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web: http://avenir.dhs.org