Re: VA rocks

  • From: Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:24:40 -0700

* John Madden (weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [05-02-00 18:15] did utter:
> I didn't know VA wrote any software (other than the obvious web stuff),

We do! :)  We do _lots_; VACM, Enlightenment, Eterm, all sorts of kernel
work, Sean Perry and Joey Hess of the Debian team are here, Ted "Ext2
filesystem author" T'so is here, Mark Vojkovich is a huge XFree86 developer,
Leonard Zubkoff (the Mylex RAID driver developer) is our CTO, Jeremy Allison
does all his Samba work here, Ben Woodard did the Linux Hewlett-Packard
drivers and started Bastille Linux here, we practically fix more bugs in
RedHat than RedHat...the list goes on and on.  VA is all about doing GPLed
software development.  Good to hear that System Imager is well-recieved!
Let me know if you guys ever compare it to PCRdist Troy, I'd be interested
to hear any comparisons.

       . /._ o /     --personal="caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
      /|//- / /     --business="caine@xxxxxxxxxxx"
     / ''- / /__   --homepage="";