Slackware homeless...

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:20:53 -0500

  Quoting Patrick Volkerding: "BSDi (formerly Walnut Creek CDROM, our
long-time publisher) was bought by Wind River because they wanted the BSD
assets for use in embedded devices. They do not like Linux or the GPL one
iota, so we all essentially became 'orphaned' when they showed no interest in
bringing us over."

  All I can say is a pox on Wind River and may they rot in hell.  Their
intentions with BSD are pretty clear I think.  They could use BSD without
having to buy it, so it seems they intend to embrace and extend it quite a bit
for their realm of interests while attempting to control the distribution
points as well as key programmers for the BSD project. I'm finding the BSD
license more and more repugnant these days.

                                                                - Steve