Re: Salary equation.

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:27:44 -0500

Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> * M.K. Chatterji (chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [02-20-01 22:18] did utter:
> >

> > >   Figures there was a mathmatical proof for my pathetic salary.
> > >
> > >                                                   - Steve
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> > Pretty good equation about salary..
> >
> > Maybe buy more lottery tickets. Indiana (Higher Ed.) needs the money.
>
> I vaguely remember that ice considered the lotto an "Idiot Tax" as he put
> it. =)

  A little background on Chat's suggestion may be in order. Basically the
Indiana legislature has decided it has no money for higher ed. and is
basically threatening to give out flatline budgets next year.  Basically
it's got ISU scared shitless, because there may be no money (as in none) for
technology updates next year.  So if it goes through like that, I'll be
dealing with $30 budgets instead of $300 budgets.  If I'm lucky enough to
still be employed. ^_^

  Speaking of being unemployed.  VA lay you off yet?  How's the job market
in CO?

                                                                - Steve