Salary equation.

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:21:07 -0500

Forwarded from somewhere else:

-----------------
    Here's the answer to the question "why is my salary so low?":

    Engineers and scientists will never make as much money as
    business executives. Now a rigorous mathematical proof
    that explains why this is true:

    Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power.

    Postulate 2: Time is Money.

    As every engineer knows,

    Work
    -------- = Power
    Time

    Since Knowledge = Power, and Time = Money, we have:

    Work
    --------- = Knowledge
    Money

    Solving for Money, we get:

    Work
    Knowledge

    Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity,
    regardless of the Work done.

    Conclusion: The less you know, the more money you make.

  Figures there was a mathmatical proof for my pathetic salary.

                                                        - Steve