RE: Random junk.

  • From: "Bell, John" <JBell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:43:35 -0500

>> P.P.S. No, I don't have a Porsche (you wouldn't catch me dead in one).
>>      The Dodge Dakota Quad Cab will be here at end of May, though...
>>      gotta have something to haul the family around in ;-).

> Well, no family here, but I went and looked over a Boxster the other
> day...no _way_ would I own that car for one giant reason: you can't get to
> the engine without a hydraulic lift!  I was like, "oh, neat, the engine
must
> be in the rear"...*opens truck*..."uhm, where's the engine?"  Dealer:
> "Oh...it's sealed off.  Here, you can check the oil with this dipstick in
> the trunk though."   Call me old-fashioned, but no thanks.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of bolt-on mods. I like to work on the engine
that I paid for. Hey, that's just me. No hacker type would be caught
dead with a 100k mile sealed-maintenance drivetrain, IMESHO.

Coming soon... the Dodge Dak QC with 400hp. Boojah, grandma. Boojah.
--
John Bell - http://www.vignette.com - mailto:jbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx