Monterey lives

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:33:17 -0500

  From slashdot:

        Reports have been greatly exaggerated. We reported a few days ago
that IBM's Project Monterey had been killed. Not so, says dentar, who writes:
"I am attending SCO Forum 2000, and contrary to what was published in
Sm@rt-aleck Reseller, IBM is NOT ditching Monterey. It is going to be called
AIX-5L. (NOT AIX-RL like the article says). The Sm@rt reseller article is
very poorly researched and is pure yellow journalism. In fact, IBM is very
ticked about the article."

  Oh well, that'll teach me to take a zdnet publication at its word, not
that I don't think that Monterey is doomed anyway.

                                                                - Steve