Re: Mac OS X is doomed - Linus says it's "crap"

  • From: "M.K. Chatterji" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:18:09 -0600

Oh well. Like the great Confucius, he say:
Everyman like the smell of his own fart.

No doubt GMers say that about Fords and viceversa. I'm surprised
though, that there would such a level of sharp-tongued rhetoric
_within_ the Unix community. More so by someone so high up as Linus,
and with such sweeping generalization! You'd think the top dog would
have more humility.  If Mach is "crap" then BSD must be too. And
thusly AIX, HP/UX, Solaris, and so on. Too bad. (Too bad that people
can't find _some_ good in other flavors and OSes.. E.g. if we didn't
have Solaris at our site, I don't know what we'd do to interface at
the level we must, with IBM/MVS. Oh I suppose we could use AIX--but
that's probably another "crappy" product.)  =)