Re: I wanna play, too

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:01:34 -0500

"Troy V. Barkmeier" <barky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Color me chagrined. Eek. I expected something much, much better from Andy
> H. and crew. Who was it that decided that Netscape Navigator was the
> be-all/end-all of user interfaces? Bill Gates? I'm not convinced that the
> stupid "Back-Forward-Stop-Refresh-Home" bar is even the best way to
> browse the web, let alone my hard drive.

  You and me are not normal computer users, which are dumber than oxes.  You
give them exactly what they expect to see and nothing more, otherwise you'll
just hopelessly confuse them.

  Mearly turning off monitors throws them into a panic.  Changing the NT
domain name from GISSERV to GISDOM also stupifies them and infuses them with
yet more panic (actual quote: "I couldn't login with GISSERV anymore, but
GISDOM took my password OK").  Mindless herds do not like anything

  I used to wonder what would drive a man to go on a shotgun rampage.  Now I
understand that such men must have had some kind of tech support job. ;)

                                                                - Steve