Re: Fwd: [Fwd: [Copyright/Licensing] "Dual-copyright/licensing" of your IP withOUT your permission]

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:28:26 -0500

> > Ouch.  This just came across on linux-kernel, and I think the guy's
> > got a damn good point.  Please pass this along...
>
> You know, not to be anal, but I brought up this issue in a post here
> earlier... Did not you receive it? (Subject was "All Your Data Are
> Belong to Microsoft")

You did, actually, I was just posting something of an extension to it...
You didn't mention anything about the GPL, and how Microsoft could scoop
up the entire kernel were Linus (the copyright holder, unless that's
currently the FSF or something) to mail the kernel source through Hotmail
or something.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!