Re: Epidemiology

  • From: Troy V.Barkmeier <barky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:09:53 -0500

This is interesting, but I want to see the statistics on whatever kind of
Captain Trips supervirus is going around this winter. I picked it up in
September of last year, and it took me over three months and three
courses of antibiotics to get rid of the resulting bronchitis/pneumonia.
My lungs still don't feel quite right some days. My wife has been
battling something similar for about six weeks now, and my three-year-old
has had an on-again, off-again cough since Christmas. I've spoken to
several others in town and in other parts of the country who are
experiencing the same thing.

Observation attributed to Prof. Robert Wilensky of the University of
California at Berkeley:

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the
Internet, we know this is not true."