Re: ESR at Rose

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 18:00:00 -0500

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> * John Madden (weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [04-27-00 00:11] did utter:
> > Wow.
> >
> > Eric Raymond's gonna be at RHIT on Saturday, 10am, somewhere in Meyers
> > hall.
> > It's actually a mult-part conference, so I'm not sure when *he's* speaking,
> > but
> > the other sound interesting too:
> He's a good speaker, though a bit preachy.  He's a weird-lookin dood, but
> cool.  You should go if you get a chance.

I just thought I'd update everyone.  I went to the symposium, but ESR didn't.
What a bastard: "Uhm, yeah, this is Eric Raymond- I missed my flight.  I'll
still come if you buy me another ticket."  Rose's ACM had paid for him to come
out, and only two members had paid their dues, so it was actually coming
straight from their pockets.  "buy me another ticket..."  What a

# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web:
# LANdb: Network Admin Database -
# NCPweb: Web-based frontend to ncpfs -
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C. All the best things in life are Free!