RE: Don't panic.

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:32:26 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> "Troy V. Barkmeier" <barky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ranted:
> > Damn it, damn it, DAMNNITT!!! It's taken me over three years of grueling
> > debate to convince the majority of faculty in the public labs that the
> > powersave mode on the monitors actually does work, therefore there is no
> > reason for them to ever turn off the monitors. Now I'll have to start all
> > over again. ;)
>   ? Geez, don't take it so hard.  Perhaps you could tell me how to enable
> power saving mode under NT 4.0, service pack 4?  Maybe it's a BIOS thing.

Ya, NT doesn't support it (right?), gotta use the BIOS calls.

I think they did the same thing in X 4.x (falling back to relying on the bios),
which right now is the one reason I haven't upgraded this machine from 3.3.6.

# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web:
# LANdb: Network Admin Database -
# NCPweb: Web-based frontend to ncpfs -
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!