Chairman Steve bites the hand that feeds him...

  • From: "Troy V. Barkmeier" <barky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Technocracy <technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:55:27 -0600

http://it.mycareer.com.au/news/2002/03/05/FFX2E13V8YC.html

I think this is maybe a little payback for the crap Michael Eisner was
spewing in front of the Senate the other day:

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0203/01.eisner.php

Hey, Steve -- I 've got a great idea for a new villain for Toy Story 3;
he's this guy who heads a major toy company who buys out every other toy
company in the world. Then, his monopoly ensured, the evil CEO fires his
R&D department as a huge cost-saving measure. The now-soul-less company
introduces a new insipid line of toys that kids have to buy because they
don't have anything better to choose from (and many of them are too young
to remember that there used to be cool toys once upon a time). But the
ultimate transgression (and the motivating force that rouses Woody, Buzz
and the gang to swing into action once again) is that the new toys have
new federally-mandated GPS monitoring chips in them that prevents Andy
from playing with his new Indoor Oatmeal Whizbanger in the back yard or
other unlicensed locations.

I haven't figured out the ending yet; it may involve the Toy Story gang
managing to evade Megacorp's minions and slip a damning bit of evidence
under Rehnquist's door just in the nick of time, but I'm not sure how
well that'll go over with the 6 and under crowd. Have to check with the
focus group...

TVB