Re: Apple pantents Desktop Themes...

  • From: "M.K. Chatterji" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:41:41 -0600

Probably so. However, Apple has always been in the top echelon of
most prolific patent applicants in Silicon Valley. I think the
practice of patenting seemingly insignificant stuff like this might
have taken off after they lost the fabled GUI "look and feel" suit
against Microsoft. Had they won that, the desktop PC landscape would
have been rather different from what it is today.