Apple pantents Desktop Themes...

  • From: Hunter <hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 101 14:49:19 -0500 (EST)

OK, now this is getting me pissed off. I didn't get pissed when Amazon patented
"1-Click" shopping, I didn't get pissed when LZH was patented, and I was
only mildly ticked off when RamBuys INC pantented information developed as
part of an open standards organzation,but this has gone too far. Apple Computer
INC was awarded patent #6,188,399 which was for "Systems and methods for
providing a user with increased flexibility and control over the appearance and
behavior of objects on a user interface". Or more susinctly, "themes".

I think that it's about time that we disallow the patenting of software.

see also: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/17461.html

--
Steven Hunter  | hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"HEY! Check out these crescent fresh skulls in my salad!" - Sifl & Olly