[TechAssist] Re: zenith vcr VRM4250HF

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:56:43 -0600

No, not enough! You must pay yourself and your overhead, no matter what
size shop you have. (of cource I don't have to tell you that)  You must
have a stock of parts and service literature.  And you must have
training, whether you learn in a classroom or in the school of hard
knocks, it is still expensive, costing your time if nothing else. If
VCRs are not worth repair then so be it. We tell our customers they must
approve VCR repairs up to $50 if they leave them, our minimum is $40 and
we collect $20 for the estimate which applies to the repair if it's
fixed.  We try to discourage VCR repair but we still do a few combi's
($85 minimum on combi's, $110 average).  If I can't make money then I do
not need to be in this business.  John.

John Mielke
Main TV
Longmont,Co 80501