[TechAssist] Re: win98se start up problem?

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:35:14 -0500

Hi Marvin,

I am not an expert, but I have been fussing over my 98SE box all weekend. I
guess that qualifies me to throw in my 2 cents worth.:-)

It sounds like your drivers are not loading. Like when you are in safe mode
(I'm assuming that you are using a USB mouse).
Try this. start->run->type "msconfig"->hit <enter>
On the general tab of msconfig, make sure that either normal startup is
checked, or at least selective startup & all check boxes.
Good luck,

HTH

John Myers,
Myers TV