[TechAssist] Re: thermal coupling pads needed for Zenith convergence IC's.

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:32:26 -0400

Al, I hope I am not steering you wrong here, but I've removed
regulatore, like the STL730's on RCA's with that pad, and the pad either
stuck and tore, or was glued to the sink, and I had to scrape it away.
In every case, I used heat sink compound with good results. I don't know
if there is any insulating needed in your case, so be careful. Maybe
call B&D Electronics (1-800-458-6053,  www.bdent.com ), who knows these
devices.Maybe they could tell you, or have those pads.
Phil Bader

al m wrote:

>I'm changing the convergence IC's in this PTV and the one thermal coupling
>pad is tore on one side. Does anyone know where you get something like this?
>Al Marquardt
>ampm@xxxxxxx
>Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
>206 W Main
>Girardville Pa. 17935

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx