[TechAssist] Re: sony play station

  • From: "Chaz" <chaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:26:20 -0600

If you happen to have the parts catalog from Electronix >>
www.electronix.com  go to page 22 and look for their Playstation Mechanism=

Repair/Rebuild Kit ($5.95 each).  This is what I've done those repairs wit=
most of the time.

Chaz   chaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-------

> Hi Bill.
>
> I=B4m not sure wheter the german PAL-type is equal in smps with the NTSC=
-one.

> I only had two to be repaired - one for myself and one for a friend.
> Normally I prefer buying a new (or used) smps, =B4cause it=B4s less cost=
 effort
> (speaking of time, a.s.o.) for the shop.
>
> My advice is to check the capacitors - they should be blank-metalcapped
> ones.
> This type used to get leaky on both of mine. Secondary smps caps should =
all be
> replaced - after that doesn=B4t work I can only guess for the IC (?) or =
the
> optocoppler ...
>
> Tried to help - Nilz from germany (aka Hans) :o)

with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.