[TechAssist] semiconductor G6N50E, need data sheet

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:31:05 -0500

I believe this G6N50E to be a power MOSFET made by Harris Semiconductor.
I have searched Google, etc. and haven't found anything. The closest
I've gotten would be a PHP6N50E by Philips. This is a 3 pin surface
mount power MOSFET, rated 500V, 5.9A, <1.5 ohm on-resistance.

This item is out of an electronically controlled chemical pulse pump. I
have two similar pumps on hand. The transistor in the pump that isn't
working, measures approx. 300 ohms from G to S (pins 1 to 3) in both
directions. The transistor on the good pump reads much higher between
these pins. I myself crossed the PHP6N05E to an IRF840 but the
measurements between the pins on the two devices don't corrolate, so I'm
not sure I have a reliable cross ref.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney