[TechAssist] seagate hard drive problem

  • From: "adam miller" <adamt123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:14:30 -0500

hello,

i have a stupid problem with a seagate st31720 hard drive. i wanted to
re-install windows from scratch on a differant computer, and i formatted the
whole drive and re partitioned it, without knowing you had to install this
disk manager, anyway, i downloaded the disk manager and ran fdisk one more
time, scandisk says no errors are found on the drive, so i try to run setup
for window 98, it goes through scandisk, and after you exit scandisk and go
to the screen where it says windows is installing files nesacary for setup,
the computer freezes, i tried another disc and i get differant errors, like
package is corrupt, and so on, everything looks ok in the bios, i am using a
via 700MHZ processor, award bios, anyone have any ideas? this thing is
driving me crazy.............im trying to put a computer together for one of
my nephews, so any advice is much apreciate,

troy