[TechAssist] Re: rca P46100TN-CTC169BN-need convergence amp board schematic-FIXED

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone and Many thanks- I removed all the output transistors and
noticed that the board was turning to carbon between the traces. I scraped it
off and cleaned everthing off with denatured alcohol and a stiff brush. Then I
replaced all the red transistors with new ones and the thing is running cool
now. The only problem I had was the bottom left red vertical pin  convergence
was serpentine and very critical but I finally got it passable.I'm really glad
you sent these tips because they will really be helpful on new jobs.
Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Richard, I found the following in my
data. Maybe something will help:

<< Here is what I've had come to me several times.
CTC169BH:
Replace Q09v , I think it is a green xsistor and ONLY use OEM component.
(located at 23-K) I would also at the same time replace:
Q13 and R59
(suspect also but not necessairly Q15, 16, 17)
this should solve the problem
tom s. >>
this one was a warranty from one of my friends younger techs. thanks to
zeus
I found easily the solution the prob/ was the Q12; THE OVERHEATING TR were
Q10 AND Q11 located in the green conv/ section I owe you one; this is the
second time I get benefit from repairworld you can count on me IF IT IS
in my
hands to give you a hand. for now I am working mostly in the new MGA
diamond
kind.
see you soon jose posada los ang. CA.

This tip is for: RCA PTV CTC169BL

Problem: Convergence Jumping Vertically On Any One Of The 3 Crt's

Info: Dick's Radio & Tv, Inc.

Fix: If It's A "blue" Problem...r7119 Will Run Hot! Replace Q7031 (148996)
If It's A "red" Problem...r7077 Runs Hot! Replace Q7019 (148996) If It's
A "green" Problem...r7037 Runs Hot! Replace Q7007 (148996)

This is an RCA PTK169BNA chassis. The blue convergance is way off and I
changed Q7035 and Q7036 and R7119 . Now R7119 gets hot really fast. As
per a tip I have on my computer from Dick's TV, I found that Q7031 is
bad. The service manual calls for a 148996.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984