[TechAssist] quasar sp3118 u fix

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:11:31 -0500

symptom: dead ac fuse blown
solution: check for short  between pins9 and 11 on reg ic if shorted replace
ic and fuse,also check c814 which in this case had a high esr
ic pn:stk730-020, note, after getting set to come looked like set was havinf
aft or pll problems, dan webster emailed some voltages on tuner, agc voltage
was low(1.9v), had a 27 inch similar chassis, measured 6 volts, apparently
the agc control had gotten turned by my thumb when I was flipping up and
down, hth
charles betzler
Best Electronics
repair1@xxxxxxxxx .com