[TechAssist]

  • From: "tvcd" <tvcd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:42:08 -0600

That is very true for cd-r and cd-rw drives.
But I thik we are talking about floppy disks here.
I would try several other machines and if you don't get it to read
your probably out of luck
Tom

Hi Al, the same problem happened to me too often, I removed Adaptec burning
Software and replaced it with NTI CD Maker and this helped. Sometimes an
Adaptec CD would only work in the CD-RW, not allowing me to select the mode
to play in any CD. It also would show an error after 75% was recorded and
ruin the CD no matter what size file I would burn. I also found that NTI has
an option to examine and report on contents of any CD and it would show the
rejected CD was usable. After a few minutes in the CD or CD-Rw it would play
normally. I moved to Win2kNTPro and my CD-Rw had no update to W2k. I went on
the net and found someone had developed a Driver for it and downloaded it.
However Win2k wouldn't accept it and I have to use Window Drivers which are
only so-so.
Good Luck
Ski

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
BLESS AMERICA, PLEASE GOD!
SKI-CHRIS GORSCH
ZACHARY, LA.
cgorsch@xxxxxxx  If Replying, Please Include Copy of Message
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new
year find you a better man- - Ben Franklin