[TechAssist] Re: need SM on philips 25T800

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:25:58 -0400

Since the set shuts down before the CRT can warm up and give an
indication of what type of problem,Heres' what I do:
On the CRT board, cut and isolate both CRT socket filament pins from the
chassis' traces.
Connect an external 6.3VAC transformer to the pins.This allows the CRT
heaters to glow and warm.
With the set preferably on an ISOLATION TRANSFORMER while watching the
screen power tv on. Your CRT is already heated and will give an instant
picture enough to see if there's no vertival deflection (common shut
down issue) or something else before the ten seconds are up.
I have a test rig set up with micro clips.
Worth a try.

Phil Bader

"Terry H." wrote:

> You're positive it's not the G2 pin of the crt shutting it down?
> The TV Shop
> 314C St. George St.
> Gonzales, Tx 78629
> 830-672-7403

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org