[TechAssist] fix Toshiba CF27E30 (TAC9512?) snow only even after tuner rebuilt

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:34:29 -0400

Thanks, Bob Waterman for the tech help.
Using the tuner voltage chart provided, I found the SCL line pin 4 on
tuner was low. (normal @ chan.2 was 4.7V, read only 2.3V)
I traced back from tuner pin 4 to find an open trace. Toshiba used white
silicon glue globs on the bottom to hold wires to the board underneath
tuner,and this pulled one trace open. Bridged it and tuner operation
returned. Finished by replacing both speakers (one open, other rasping).
The set was on a rack outside a restaurant in the waiting area and
humidity probably ruined the cones.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader