[TechAssist] fix?: Symphonic (Funai) 13" TVCR SC3813. leaves a bit of tape outwhen Ejected]]]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        fix: Symphonic (Funai) 13" TVCR SC3813. leaves a bit of tape
out when Ejected]]
Date:   Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:43:40 -0400
From:   Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     bull >> Greg Paradise <bulldog@xxxxxxxxxx>

 (OK I cheated...but the end justifies the means)
FIX: step-by-step procedure:
Put down your Doctor Pepper.
Find a good Funai 13" TVCR  from the back.
(save the flyback...need that later!)
Pull the almost new deck.
Clean mode switch.
Clean/lube mech.
Swap salvaged good as new mech (with very low use) for the ****** up one.
Test. Works.
Set  ****** up deck aside.
With magic marker pen,on the old deck, clearly mark "***** up" for
future use.
Job done...
;-)
Phil

Date:   Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:41:37 -0400
From:   Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Symphonic
SC3813( 13 inch Funai made). Type with the single belt at rear.
Orig. complaint was ate tapes,etc. I cleaned the deck, relubed, cleaned
mode switch, reinstalled. Replaced two tactile switches in front (had
corrosive on them). And checked/retimed mech.
Now,  Will accept tape, auto load, play, allthe mechanical functions OK.
Push "stop" and "eject" and will do so, but just before the tape ejects,
it leaves a bit of tape out of the cassette to get snagged on something.
Like it won't snap it in all the way. Just a bit.
Suggestions?
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader