[TechAssist] fix Boston Acoustics BA635, powered PC speaker system. IC part ID needed

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:37:28 -0400

I called B&D Enterprises, and he emailed me and suggested using a
NE555N, which is an NTE955M cross. I had one, installed it and unit
works good with no distortion.
Location number on the board was U4. I guess it's close enough. I tried
a good music CD and it sounded very clear.
Phil Bader

Gary McCartney wrote:

> From the famous 8 pin IC "555 timer", a new CMOS version of the IC came
>out, and it was called "7555". Perhaps thats what you have. Should be
>able to get it at Digikey or other suppliers relatively cheap.
>

>Gary McCartney
>
>McCartney Electronics
>Guelph Ontario Canada
>Est. 1984
>email: gary (at) number63.ca
>

>Phil Bader wrote:
>

>>This amplified three way speaker system for my PC has had some
>>distortion/feedback at low volume.
>>I seem to have narrowed it down with freeze spray to one 8 pin DIP IC on
>>the board: It says:
>>"Philips   7555CN"
>>I assume it's maybe an op amp but I cannot find any info on it so as to
>>cross it for replacement.
>>Thanks,
>>Phil Bader

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx