[TechAssist] Re: difficulty w/tiny surface mount components

  • From: rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:36:21 -0500

For self-conatained soldering tweezers, I got one from
http://www.howardelectronics.com/index.html.
Great for the SM caps - except sometimes they blow up when heated (like
4th of July)
Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110    WebSite-
http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx  (alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  )
FAX 801-705-3748 ; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:17:12 -0600 "Wayne Vanaman"
<Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I use Pace soldering equipment.  They have many different styles of
> tips.
> For SMD diode or transistors there are two ways.  For a regular
> solder
> pencil they have large tips with a notch that the component fits in.
> desolder you just pick it up with the tip.  Picture a fat tip with a
> "U" cut
> in it.
>
> For soldering I use a regular tip.  I put a small glob of solder on
> the pad,
> the set the part down with twezeers and solder it.  The do the other
> side.
>
> Pace also has soldering Twezeers with tipe for everything from
> diodes to
> 200+ pin flat packs.  I have only bought tips for the stuff I
> commonly work
> on.
>
> www.paceusa.com
> www.ape.com
>
> Wayne Vanaman
> Omega Electronics
> 6904 W Fairfield Dr
> Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310
>
> Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> WWW.PensacolaTVRepair.Com
>
> 850-456-5995 voice
> 850-458-6369 fax

***
> *
> > Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
> >         http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html
> >
> ************************
> *
> > For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to:

***

****
> Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>         http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html

****
> For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to:

****

Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110    WebSite-
http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx  (alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  )
FAX 801-705-3748 ; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com