[TechAssist] Re: difficulty w/tiny surface mount components

I used tweezer and a good soldering iron for replacing.

Panday

From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: difficulty w/tiny surface mount components
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:39:13 -0500

A very simple method another tech showed me(not for all cases) is simply
use a small strip of scotch tape to hold down on PCB. Solder,then
remove! I am sure there are so many better ways you will hear of  on
this. This works for me.
Phil Bader

Electronics wrote:

 > I have trouble keeping these tiny parts in place while I solder them,
even
 > the soldering is difficult because when I use a very pointy tip there's
not
 > enough heat generated ...I have trouble removing them also...it's taking
 > toll on me, I know some of these guys know the secret to it  - can anyone
 > help? I'm willing to invest in equipment or whatever it takes...your time
 > and help is very much appreciated
 > -Tony
 > Electronics Inc
 > 7027 Hwy 441
 > Dillard GA 30537
 > 706 746 3353
 > Electronics@xxxxxxxxx

 > Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
 >         http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html

 > For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx