[TechAssist] Re: ctc185aa9 q4114+q4116+q4401 short

  • From: "Jonas Miglinas" <miglinasj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:18:14 -0500

Clint
  Thanks again for your suggestions,what it ended up beeing was the yoke.
Using a variac and starting at 40v, the unit would start up and play at
around 80v. I kept it there while scoping and checking voltages and i
noticed a burning smell, but not from the chassis, but from the yoke.
  I guess there wasn't enough current to blow the h-output at 80v , but
under full load it would simulate a bad h- xmer. Three regulators and three
h-outputs later will teach this old dog to slow down and think.
  Regards       Jonas