[TechAssist] Re: anyone have info on this old receiving tube?

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:10:54 -0400

I have a JAN (military) 6Y6GT from 1959, in front of me.
The FSN (federal stock number) is 5960-617-6097
Earlier military numbers started with VT.

I have done some digging in the recesses of my mind and shop and have
checked many old Sylvania parts lists. They used the 13- prefix for diodes
and transistors.

I don't remember any manufacturers using their own part numbers for
receiving tubes with the exception of Philco with their X155 tuner tube. I
did see some factory part numbers on CRTs, but when I tried to order using
that number, my order usually came back as unidentifiable or no such part
number.

I tried to check my Sylvania micro fiche for part numbers for projo CRTs but
I discovered I have forgotten how to look up what I want on those files.
Since I don't know if this is supposed to be a CRT or a receiving tube, I'm
not going to bother figuring that, out until I know.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH