[TechAssist] Re: akai vcr not loading

  • From: Louie Portuguez <louie4210@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 01:58:11 -0800 (PST)

--- Lynn B <lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mick: Since it does load, you can try to see if
> it will rewind and fast
> forward. Sounds like it is trying to go into play,
> but cannot. there are
> several possibilities(sp) 1- the sensors end to
> lite tower malfunction, 2- drum not spinning or even
> starting.
> Yes it could be the mode select switch, dirty.
> Lynns Electronics "It's better to have a sense of
> humor than no sense at
> all" lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi mick,
look for the drum if it spins while inserting the
casette. if it is spinning you might have trouble with
  a worn belt or dirty switches at the loading
mechanism. if your not a technician then, acquiring a
small amount of knowledge is dangerous, the first
question that should ask you is "do you know what you
are doing. if you do then you may proceed
with your work.
-----louie