timing. joe872@xxxxxxxxx (Tech/2002)

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From: jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Jeff=A0Dougherty) Date: Tue, Jan 1, 2002, 1:47pm To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: akai vcr not loading
Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mick,
Problem with this is, so few Akai units, it's had to find any
information on most of them.
You have to manually load the cassette first. If it binds and does not
load all the way, you have a broken gear or alignment is off and you
have to go through all the gear alignments, possibly including the
carriage. If it does load all the way, your problem is more than likely
the mode switch is dirty or not positioned correctly.
This type of problem is difficult for us to help you with because it
sounds mechanical in nature. It would help to know if this was the
original problem, or if you repaired another problem and this is
happening after you had unit apart.
Jeff
HAPPY HOLIDAYS:PEACE ON EARTH
mailto:Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.9-11-2001tragedy.com FAX