[TechAssist] Zenith flyback --need sub info

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:19:10 -0400

Hello,
         I got this zenith color TV model SS2761S , module 9-913 ,and the
flyback had a slit in the side with stuff oozzing out , Flyback # 95-4203 ,
when you look this # up on tritronics, it shows a 95-4203-REP for 17 dollars,
so I ordered it, and installed it into the module and now , when you plug it
in, the ps squeals, so I replaced all the usual ps components, and same
problem,also checked for shorts on secondary of fly and everything looks ok, If
I disconnect the collector of the HOT it stops squealing and ps voltages return
to normal, however I am not reading and B+ on any legs of the driver
transformer, I do not have the schematic and would greatly appreciate if
someone could upload one. Could this replacement fly be the trouble? Has anyone
had experience with this flyback?
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville