[TechAssist] Re: Zenith. Z27H32D, module--9-1816, GH chassis, horizontal centering off.

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:04:07 -0500

Any chance you just replaced the CRT?? We had a Crt that had a perfect
picture, but was shifted to the right side by 1 or 1 1/2 inch. Had to
reorder the Crt. BTW it was a rebuilt.

If you haven't replaced the CRT, 1st check your convergence rings and make
sure the rings or the ring assembly haven't been rotated. If those check out
you may have some DC voltage introduced into the horizontal yoke windings
via a shorted capacitor on the yoke's return side of the horiz circuit. Hope
this helps.