[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVY4461DT Too much red.

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:35:33 -0500

You MIGHT be able to "Quick-check" the Screen control....since the suspected
part appears to have too high of a voltage on it.

Pull the screen control wire off the blue or green and move it to the red
and vice versa.
It'd be smart to monitor the cathode voltages with a known video
level.....say a blank screen or black screen.....see if the cathode voltages
are real close in the comparison.

My bet is it is that god-awful screen control......
You might be able to change the red's screen voltage lower by adding a
resistor to ground on the screen line, but you'll probably end up with some
exotic mega-ohm value......something like pi-squared Mohms

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN