[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVR4660VK Pix is bowed equally on top, bottom, and sides, and convergence is bad.

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:23:37 -0500

Hi LeRoy;
1ST, measure the + and - supplies to the convergence amplifiers..
if everything is ok, and the low value resistors (2.2 or so) are ok as well
maybe you have a bad resistor at the HOT's collector (1/2W 110 - 120k followed
by a 82k, also suspicious, first half-hidden underneath a several watts R)
That is a
very well known problem with those Zeniths, from them comes some 16v;
if not present,  they cause pincushion, convergence
failure and sometimes loss of video.
HTR
Jorge
Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX