[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVR4660VK (1995 model) Focus drifts.

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:57:29 -0400

LeRoy, I've learned that only use the OEM HV Bleeder assys fromZenith. I
have tried all the aftermarket stuff. very high failure rates.
You can check with TriTronics (800-638-3328), or Zenith direct.(
888-393-6484)
Zenith ships no S/H  . Just a bit cheaper there. Get the OEM...You would
be surprized at the price. That's your fix.
Phil Bader

LeRoy Westlund wrote:

>Hi members,
>This Zenith PTV has a fairly good picture after I adjust the focus on all 3
>tubes, but after about 20 minutes the focus adjustments drifts, and I have
>to readjust the focus.
>When it's cold, the adjustment range on the pots, are about in the middle.
>After warm-up I have to turn it almost to the full range in the CW
>direction.
>
>The gray wire from the High voltage bleeder assy., measures 44.2K to ground.
>I understand that it should OHM out between 48-51K. I am thinking about
>ordering a new Focus block assy., from H.B. electronics in California. They
>have them for about $75. I checked all 3 of the 120K ohm resisters on the
>CRT modules, and they check OK. Do I need to replace them anyway, and do you
>think a new focus block will correct my problem, or am I over looking
>something ? I guess what I need, is a little insurance from the list, before
>shoveling out that much $$$ for a part I might not need.
>
>Please advise,
>TIA,
>LLW
>
>LeRoy Westlund
>Westlund TV & Electronics
>97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
>Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
>Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
>mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx