[TechAssist] Zenith PVR4660VK (1995 model) Focus drifts.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:23:27 -0600

Hi members,
This Zenith PTV has a fairly good picture after I adjust the focus on all 3
tubes, but after about 20 minutes the focus adjustments drifts, and I have
to readjust the focus.
When it's cold, the adjustment range on the pots, are about in the middle.
After warm-up I have to turn it almost to the full range in the CW
direction.

The gray wire from the High voltage bleeder assy., measures 44.2K to ground.
I understand that it should OHM out between 48-51K. I am thinking about
ordering a new Focus block assy., from H.B. electronics in California. They
have them for about $75. I checked all 3 of the 120K ohm resisters on the
CRT modules, and they check OK. Do I need to replace them anyway, and do you
think a new focus block will correct my problem, or am I over looking
something ? I guess what I need, is a little insurance from the list, before
shoveling out that much $$$ for a part I might not need.

Please advise,
TIA,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx