[TechAssist] Zenith PV4661LK Repeat Horiz out failure on 9-1302 Module

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 01:20:26 -0500

This Zenith Projection Model PV4661LK has had 2 replacement 9-1302
replacement modules installed and the unit may run for 1-3 days. I checked
with the customer and she is not experiencing any arcing or flashing of one
color before failure, so I suspect the CRTs are OK. Last time I was out I
tapped the CRTs and the Hi Voltage Splitter Block, but did not get any
results from that test.

I suspect the HV Splitter Block, as the Horiz output always shorts. Who has
seen and can verify the HV Block as a failure item?? I have seen maybe one
and only one.

Any other ideas why the Horiz output always shorts, even after replacing the
module twice???

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services