[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PIP Theory

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 14:47:56 +0000

The only thing that comes to mind is that some of these sets will show thru
OSD items but not a picture if the customer control menu settings for
brightness and picture are set too low, but only have seen that where I've
had to repair the CRT drive circuitry when the customer turned them down all
the way because it was too bright.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Zenith PIP Theory
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:32:23 EST

Does anyone have a training manual that explains the theory behind Zenith's
PIP sysytem used in the Model SL3585BT TV. I have one that has a pip but no
main picture. The IF, PIP modules have been replaced. Also IC U2900, all the
caps
in the SMPS have been changed. I am trying to repair this at no cost to a
school. Any help would be appreciated. I can download just about anything
you
care to send me and anyway you want to send it. Any help will get you the
thanks
of a nice bunch of school kids.

Hollis Bates,Field Engineer-retired, Lewiston, Maine,HSWAD@xxxxxxx

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp