[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Model #SG2719TR has faint harizontal bars in background of picture.

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:50:14 -0400

You didn't say what module it uses, but several things: Check for a
shorted transistor on the CRT board,will cause washed out pix,too
bright, or some retrace lines: Q5104 (121-1140,NTE399).If module is,or
similar to a 9-1130 find the cap (10 MFD@35V) solder-mounted on two wire
jumpers (as opposed to leads thru the board and soldered on bottom) next
to cap C2208 and IC1200. Causes bars of interference.(Zenith=bad lytics)
ANYONE working on Zeniths (or anything really) needs an ESR meter.
Testing electrolytics with one is as easy as going thru a board with an
ohm meter and quickly checking all the 1 ohm resistors for opens. That
simple.(Dick Smith $99.00 assembled,$49.00 kit).I practically run my
shop with my fluke meter and a Dick Smith ESR meter.(and I have 4 pieces
of Sencore equipement!)
Phil Bader Jan Phyl TV

Damon wrote:

> Jailbars generally occur when the 200v supply cap dries out in the IHVT
> supply.
>
> Damon Brunger
> damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Telrad Electronic Services
> Ft Wayne, IN 46815

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Voice/Fax (863) 299-8821
email: philbad@xxxxxxxxxx

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html