[TechAssist] Re: Zenith IQB32B44

  • From: "techforce" <techforce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:59:09 -0500

Could be A bad HOT?  Are the Voltages on the Secondary of the SMPS jumping
in sync with the Chirp?
If so, try lifting the cathodes of all the Rectifier diodes off the
Secondary of the SMPS Xfmr (if there is one) and leave them floatng.

You ought to be able to power on the Set like that, then see if the chirping
changes. This will tell you if your problem is in the SMPS or beyond the
SMPS. Seems to work for me when I do monitors, might be something you can
try.

Steve
Technotronic Dimensions, NY (USA)
www.100megspop2.com/techforce