[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Console SL2726EW 9-1335-1

Peggs, No way of knowing if the crt will arc again, and Isolation will not
help. What you can try and this may help but I don't think so is to let the
tv warm  up awhile and place the tube down on its face and tap lightly on
the neck and maybe some of the  fragments will drop down and out of the way.
Good Luck

John
Conti's TV
Texas City , Texas

>From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] Zenith Console SL2726EW 9-1335-1
>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:56:21 -0600
>
>It's been a while since I worked on one of these.
>It's one of those chassis' that the PS regulator(STR53041) Shorts
>and COOKS numerous parts.
>Sometimes it is caused by the picture tube,A68ACT00X.
>
>I don't remember if isolating the filament protects the circuitry from
>further 'Arcing'
>by the tube.
>
>I'm not even sure if the Tube is the Cause,the PS caps can fail and the
>Regulator gives up.
>The PS Primary Caps ARE bad,but I need to protect my tail on this one,so I
>needed
>to ask about the Filament Isolation,and also can the tube be 'checked' to
>see if it will Arc again ???
>
>Peggs
>Peggs' Electronics
>1519 West 2nd Street
>Owensboro,KY 42301
>270-926-4968
>fax 270-686-7399
>peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
>Set Vacation
>mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation
>Email Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live

Email Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/