[TechAssist] Zenith B27A20ZC 9-2071 no remote functions

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:57:27 +0000

Zenith
B27A30ZC
9-2071    (CA Chassis)

              No remote functions.  Customer said stoped after dusting so i
am leaning towards micro IC6000--- 221-1304-01-- The question is I first
thought it micht be the IR sensor IR6000 so swaped it with one from a
B27A11Z that had a cracked in half main chassis (I allready took that
processor for another set). Pin 2 of IR6000 has 4.7V Pin 3 has 0.2v.
Feeding to R6027 both sides still has 0.2v pin 15 of micro has 0.2V  now
there is a schematic in the members area labeled for a B25A11 still in the
CA family. The schematic shows 4.9v should be on pin 15 of micro (if I read
it right) it only shows 0.2v with respect to the shield over the micro.
Disconecting pin 15 does not restore voltage. The resistor tests ok and
there are not any dead shorts on the line: It is about 450 ohm above ground.
  Putting an ocilliscope on the out line from the IR sensor does not show
any pulses with the remote acting on it (went as low as 20 mV setting).
What is the likely hood of 2 bad IR sensors?  or should I just order and try
the processor? another way of testing this IR?

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV